BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Curiously Poetic Altoids

Within the last month or so, a poetry group has sprung up at my apartment complex. Being in the 'Altoids' has been a lot of fun for me. Basically we get together and write poetry, share what we've written, and share other poetry. It somewhat reminds me of Anne's Story Club in Anne of Green Gables (except hopefully a little less melodromatic!) At any rate, I've enjoyed my chances to brush up on my poetry skills. Here are a couple of poems I wrote for our last meeting.

Halloween

Leaves are crunching
Children munching
Costumes fixing
Pranksters tricksing

Witches cackling
Athletes tackling
Vampires biting
Werewolves fighting

Doorbells ringing
Voices singing
Trick or Treating
Over-sweeting

Harvest moon
In the gloom
Fun for all
Every fall



New Life

You were just a speck
A single cell among millions
Now I cradle you
Marvelling at each perfect
tiny finger and toe
Who would have believed
That out of obscurity,
miniscule matter
life is created
A child is born.

3 comments:

janel said...

The lady's a poet. Good heavens, I had no idea. What a great group idea! I'm impressed. My favorite line was "over-sweeting"...probably because it rings so true for me today! And I wonder who inspired the second poem...

Linda said...

How nice to hear the poet in you resurface again. I loved both pieces. Keep up the creative work! --Mom

Danielle said...

Cute poems!! I loved the cute Halloween one, and of course the subject matter on the other is new babies... I miss you.