BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Writer's Block

Have you ever had a big assignment to do, but every time you tried to sit down and work on it, you just didn't seem to get anywhere?

I have this stupid 20 page paper that I'm supposed to be working on for my capstone history class.  It's already halfway through the semester and I've barely started on it.  Obviously I'm not being super productive today, since I'm channeling my writing into my blog instead of my paper.

What do you do when you just can't seem to get going on a research paper?  I'm struggling to weed through all the primary sources to figure out the historiography (for you non-history majors, that's the history that has already been written by other people).  I feel like I don't know very much about this topic (and neither does my teacher, so he can only help me so much) and I'm feeling overwhelmed just trying to get started.  I'm still not totally sure what I'm even looking for.

Not to mention, I'm getting tired of sitting here.  Physically, I mean.  Have you ever sat in one place so long that you get sore and can't handle sitting any more.  I think I'm getting to that point.

Well, I'm going to go walk around and try to refresh myself.  If anyone has any ideas, HELP!!!!!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Well, come over and Micah can help you brainstorm! He's really good at that. And we could watch Fluppies or something!

Danielle said...

Ha, Fluppies!! You need to look at this:
http://suzysnoozy.blogspot.com/2008/02/p-word.html

Also, I can relate about the physical soreness; four hours straight in the testing center at eight months pregnant comes to mind!

Suzy said...

lunges. I promise. When I stayed up all night writing my Hamlet paper, that's what kept me awake. That's some nice little exercise to get your blood moving - and do em deep! It's nice b/c you don't have to go outside to do it.

luckies kimmy!!

Michael said...

You should go for a hike or play a really good prank on someone. That will get your brain going.

Linda said...

Come home and spend some time of the eliptical, then I'll sequester you where no one can find you and give you yummy snacks. :)

Hez said...

Just think--it could be worse--you could have to type a 20 pg paper with a busted up hand! Good luck Kimmie!