BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 26, 2010

Poetic urges

All this intense paper writing and stress has found an outlet.
Unfortunately it's not in writing my paper . . .

Today the poetic urge struck me and all my pent-up stress released itself into the written word. 

I still haven't finished the poem I just started, but when I went to save it, I discovered a poem I had forgotten I had written.  Ironically, it's from the end of a term last summer when I was spewing out another paper.  It has been sitting in my computer file unnamed and unnoticed for the last nine months.

Until now.

Without further ado, I present a silly, but fun poem about that awful time of semester-- when deadlines are looming and your mind just goes blank.

Writer's Block


My brain is fried
My thoughts are limp
Like noodles overcooked
and left to drip into the drain

I cannot sit another hour
My thoughts will not behave
they wriggle and wiggle and
slither right off of the page

I will never get finished
I’ll stay here forever
My eyes will cloud over
My rear will harden

I’ll be stuck in a chair
Full of despair
And everyone walking by
Simply will stare

At the statue before them
A struggling girl
Stuck with her brain
in a never-ending whirl

Oh the cramps!
The misery!
The endless agony
The . . .

I’ve got it!
An idea for my paper!
Here goes!



5 comments:

Becca said...

Well, at least the poem ends on a positive note! That must mean your paper will be stellar! Go KIMBOBIMBOWENTTOTIMBOTOBUYASHOEONABIGBAMBOO!!!

Danielle said...

That is a great poem, especially the line about the wet noodle. But why in the heck are you still working on that paper?! Wasn't it due like a week ago?

Linda said...

I liked the part about your thoughts wriggling, wiggling, slithering right off the page.

janel said...

So how's your rear these days? A little hard from all that hard Louisa May Alcott work?

Janelle said...

That was a fun read. So, did you turn a paper? ;)