This is the paper you wanted to write
Well tonight is the night that you can
Just get this done and by dawn's early light
you can finish the fight you began
This time I'm in it to stay!
Think about seizing the day!
Think about Micah who's longing for me to come play.
Tell him I'm on my way!
Jeff if you're still counting pages
Wake up and read 'em and weep
You got your deadlines and papers and grades
Yeah, but I've got a bed-- I need sleep!
Once and for all something tells me the tide will be turning!
Once and for all there's a fire inside me that won't stop burning
Now that the choice is so clear
Now that tomorrow is here
Watch how the mighty will fall
For once . . . once and for all!
This is to even the score
This ain't 490 no more
This ain't just me with some pie in the sky
This is do it or die! This is war!
Once and for all I will finish this dumb hist'ry paper
Once and for all I'll be ending this Alcott themed caper
Five thousand pages to write.
Five thousand reasons to try.
Better to die than to crawl
Either I stand or I fall
For once . . . once and for all!!!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Once and For All
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Published at 12:09 am no less! So glad that thing will be done soon!
Amen. Let's celebrate and watch Newsies while we stuff invitations! Or maybe Father of the Bride!
Wowie! Micah is celebrating that you're done too! :)
I guess this is the answer to "What do Louisa May Alcott and Newsies have in common?" Nice work getting done with that pape!
Post a Comment