BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Triumph of the Year(s)

(I discovered this post from 2007 that I forgot to ever publish and I decided it was worth publishing now!)

Sunday night was a momentous occasion for me. I did miss my bedtime goal, but I figured it was justified because I finally finished the Old Testament! It probably should have topped my list of goals that stay on every list I have. This acheivement reflects over 2 years worth of work, including suffering through Songs of Solomon (which the elders in my MTC district quickly proclaimed to be scriptural pornography. If you find that surprising, just try a few chapters and see what you think.) and slogging (or snoring?) through chapter upon chapter of "Joseph begat Solomon. Solomon begat Hezekiah. Hezekiah begat Joel. Joel begat . . ." -- but at long last it's done. It was an intense challenge, but it was definitely worth the effort. Now, I'm left with a new question to ponder on: what do I read next?

6 comments:

Suzy said...

two posts in one day! wow! I think you should relax and watch living scriptures for your scripture study. :)

Linda said...

Congrats (even though belated). That is an achievement to be proud of! Think of all those jems you've stored up. I'm proud of you.

Becca said...

Nice Job!!! Now start on the Work and the Glory for the millionth time...

Danielle said...

Ha Becca, the Work and the Glory! I agree with you, and I only have a lot to go, being in Judges right now!

janel said...

So, what did you read next?

Hez said...

Well shoot! I'm impressed!