BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gender Reveal Cake

This week one of my friends is having a party to reveal the gender of the baby she is pregnant with.  She asked me to help make the cake.

This is the cake she wanted for the party:
Gender+Reveal+Cake this is my favorite 
I've never done a rosette cake like this before, but I looked up a tutorial online, and it didn't look that hard (not that that guarantees that it actually will be easy-- how do all those bakers on baking blogs make decorating look so easy?)

So, I made a cake today to practice the rosettes.
Here's how it turned out:





I think it turned out pretty well, even if it's not quite as perfect as the original!  
I'm excited to try this style out on more cakes.




5 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, Kim! That looks amazing! You did an awesome job. You should maybe teach a cake decorating class.

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Way impressive! And from an online tutorial . . . WOW!

Suzy said...

yummy yummy!!! nice work kimmy!

krista said...

Grandma Wilson would be oh so proud. Where are you going to be for Valentine's day this year? Perhaps you could venture to AZ and help me make a cake like that...