Lest anyone goes apostate after my last post, I have a confession to make.
I admit, I didn't tell the entire story. In my defense, I was afraid that a full explanation would lessen the shock of the punch line . . . so I left a piece out.
Without any further ado, the truth comes out about my recent Sacrament meeting experience.
What actually happened is that when the first speaker asked for a confirmation of his topic, he was told that he would really be speaking on Finding the One. However, the bishopric member clarified things by explaining that he meant Finding the One Lost Sheep (think Elder Wirthlin's talk last General Conference).
Am I fired from blog posting?
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Confessions
Posted by Kimberly at 12:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No. Isn't that called poetic license? Keep writing! --Mom
sometimes, like we learn from certain relatives--a good story is better than the true story...don't you think?
I liked both posts. The first one because it was hilarious and conveyed a true phenomena in a humorous manner. I liked the second post, as it reaffirms my confidence in the leaders of the church who are called to serve us, and it shows that you couldn't leave us all in the dark for too long about the truth. Both good things.
Keep posting. :o)
Hey, who is Becca talking about? And, Suz pointed out (in my bragging post about Eliza using the potty) that a few days before her succes, she "used the potty" 6 inches away from the potty, right on our carpet. It made for a better story to omit that. Maybe we're all related to Dad. : )
Post a Comment