BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Back from Hiatus

After a week of partying it up with my sisters, Krista, Janel, and Danielle, I'm ready to delve back into my poetry notebook.  This is another of my favorite poems that I have written.

Ripples

A single stone
Dropped in the pool
Seems but a blip
In the deep and cool
Blue water
That stretches
far and wide
While this pebble
In a fist could hide
It shouldn't matter if it falls
into the water- it's so small
A tiny splash is all it makes
And yet one drop is all it takes
For when a rock
falls deep inside
A tranquil pond
It cannot hide
The ripples caused
by that small drop
Each ring spreads wider
With great ease
until it hits
the banks and trees
Yes, pebbles may seem awfully small
But really, they're not small at all

2 comments:

janel said...

Wow, Kim. That's really impressive.

Danielle said...

You are really a great poet. You should write a silly one and I'll show it to my kids. They are pretty into Mother Goose etc right now.