BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Freedom


I think this is an appropriate poem to post, considering the vice-presidential debate tonight and the upcoming presidential election.  I hope all Americans will take the time to vote wisely.


The Stars and Stripes wave ever broadly

through a turmoil-stricken land
Crowds of citizens cheer wildly
As a president takes the stand

Four long years stretch out before us
Changes lurk just out of sight
Will we reach the end triumphant?
Or will time increase our plight?

Freedom flutters on a summit
Balanced only by a thread
One exists who could uphold it
Or could tear it down instead

Though it dangerously dangles
Fear not- hope burns brightly still
God above will guide our footsteps
If we hearken to his will

4 comments:

Becca said...

Kim, you are good! I really like this poem.

Linda said...

Thoughtful. Thanks.

krista said...

This is a good one. The problem is that lots of times we don't hearken to his will.

Danielle said...

This is a great one.