1. President Hinckley "knighting" President Eyring with his cane after he was called to the First Presidency.
2. Elder Wirthlin showing what it really means to teach by example as he continued his talk on love for at least 10 minutes after he started shaking badly.
3. Getting to see conference in Salt Lake for the first time.
4. Taking Trax for the first time
5. Watching Jacob alternate between tired, confused look and cheesy smile.
6. Finding out who would be the next apostle and member of the First Presidency.
7. Being with the family all day long!
8. Mom's heavenly chocolate cake.
9. Driving up into the canyon afterward to see the leaves and the view of the valley.
Looking back at this conference weekend, we were blessed with a lot of great moments. It's nice to have a conference weekend like that to put things in perspective. Sister Mary N. Cook said that we should strengthen our relationships with our brothers and sisters because they may become our best friends. I'm grateful to know that my best friends are within my family. "For I have no greater joy than to know that my [family] walk in truth." --1 John 1:4

7 comments:
Isn't general conference the best? It seems like you appreciate it a lot more since getting back from your mission. And of course I feel happy that Jacob made your list of highlights! If you didn't love him, he might have been a real hindrance to feeling the spirit (pushing buttons, wrecking puzzles, etc).
The cheesy smiles were definitely worth the trouble to keep him out of everything. Besides, at least he wasn't diving for the chocolate cake every five seconds like Eliza!
But he would have been if he weren't sleeping in the other room!
I didn't realize you've never been to conference in the CC before. Now that I think about it, neither have I! Although I have been to the General Young Women's Broadcast twice, so that pretty much counts.
PS I missed your blueberry muffins.
Go easy on Eliza...just because she inherited her parents' love of chocolate...
Yey for General Conference on your own TV and with your family. I like.
kim! when are you going to post again?????
Your thoughts reflect my own. To misquote Dickens, "It was the BEST of times, it was the BEST of times..." This is definitely the BEST of times. Thanks for sharing. --Mom
Post a Comment