Today I missed my second train this week.
I just don't seem to have good luck with trains.
In my defense, this time it was not my fault. The taxi driver took me to the wrong side of the platform and I realized it only as my train was pulling away.
Of course it was just my luck that the next train doesn't come for another two hours.
So, I did what any sister of Janel would-- I dumped my suitcases at a nearby office (luckily they were nice enough to watch them), found a cute little tea shop, ordered a hot chocolate, and used their free internet to start a blog post.
I guess there are a few perks to missing my train. (The hot chocolate was definitely delicious!)
And there are perks for you because you now get a peek at Dorchester.
My B&B (bed and breakfast). My room is the farthest left on the balcony.
The view from my balcony.
My bedroom. It was HUGE. There was also an en-suite bathroom. And a fridge with a fresh pitcher of milk every day. And hot chocolate packets. There are definite perks to B&Bs!
The gardens at my B&B.

Downtown Dorchester (the tiny town I was staying in). I love old British towns because they have huge medieval churches and buildings practically on every corner. I could fall in love with places like that. (Future husband, take note for honeymoon plans . . . at least if we're millionaires!)
I have more pictures of Dorchester, but they're on my big camera, which isn't unpacked yet. Also, I have tons of London, so hopefully another post will be coming soon. Also, hopefully more updates about the Criddles in Somerset. Stay tuned!
5 comments:
Kim! I love the pictures. England looks so pretty - I hope you're taking tons and tons of pictures! and drinking lots of hot chocolate for us.
ps are you going to be pullin a JK Rowling on us now? you know, she did most of her writing for the HP books in a coffee shop in England... woot woot!!
I think I could have been JK Rowling if I had been born in England and had my (and your) propensity for missing forms of transportation and our love of hot chocolate. Great pics. And way to see the silver lining! (At least you don't need poo shoes yet.)
Between you and Janel, you'll keep the family in stories for the next few decades! I loved thinking about you snuggling in with hot chocolate and blogging us all... (not that we'd wish a missed train on anyone, but we love the outcome). :) --Mom
Gorgeous photos. It looks like maybe we should have stopped in England on our way home instead of Turkey! --Mom
Nice pics Kim! keep up the hot cocoa and photography and blogging!
Post a Comment